Thursday, July 30, 2009

Whoa!

We miss Daddy! Kevin had to go back to work last night and today was what you would call "interesting" to say the least. Now I can handle all three kids quite well when we are at home in our own surroundings, in our own little routine blah, blah. But doing it at the beach is a little bit different. I guess that is the true test of motherhood - Can you manage with all three on vacation? We managed, but lets just say that I am ready for my hubby to get back tomorrow night :) and I am very luck to have such wonderful family here to help. All of my aunts have been fabulous and TeeTee has of course been a huge life saver. Bubby and Edmund were also a big help today when we had a little "incident." See Ellie has a little bit of an upset stomach and let's just say that the boys are very far from being ready to change diapers :) We went to the pool today (which was FREEZING, by the way) and I continued to try and bribe Drew to jump in on his own - not successful :( I can tell he wants to do it so bad he can't stand it. I have been bribing him with this game that he wants and he is still very hesitant. So today, I threw in ice cream and no nap as part of the bribe - that is how bad I want him to do it. Why? I don't know, but I have it in my head that he WILL jump in this pool on his own before the end of the week and so far the little turkey is winning!!! You all know how competitive I am and I am DETERMINED to get him to jump in this pool on his own. I don't care what I have to use to bribe him! He is pretty determined NOT to do it though, so we will see who has the hardest head. We enjoyed some great seafood for dinner and then quality time with family. My how I love to sit around and just "chew the fat" (is that normal slang or just my Dad's family?). I laughed so hard tonight listening to my aunt describe her college son's "dining room table" that the he and his roomates were building. It was built using plyboard, was about the length of a ping pong table, was painted black and had a skull painted in the middle of it. All of the mothers are completely convinced that it was, in fact, the boy's dining room table (even though they already have a table). They also couldn't figure out why they kept finding ping pong balls all over their apartment. Hmmmm!?!?!?
Just a few pictures from the day:

Now this is some good sleeping.


Ellie and Drew just LOVE "E"


TeeTee with Emmy


Please come back soon Daddy! We miss you!!!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment