Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beach Babies!

We are finally on VACATION!!! I know that I have been out of work for a while, but let's just say that being home with my little ones for the first 6 weeks of Emmy's life was not exactly what I would consider a "vacation"...wonderful, quality, "wouldn't trade it for anything" time with my kids, but not really a "vacation." But now we are here...FINALLY! We arrived yesterday around dinner time and are STILL trying to unpack. I might add that we had not been in the condo even 10 minutes and Ellie managed to lock herself in our bedroom. Completely unconcerned and not the least bit scared Ellie just keeps playing. Kevin and I can hear her just talking to herself as if us pounding on the door is just common practice. Thankfully the people that rented last week had left coat hangers in the other closet :) I went to the grocery store last night at 10pm and have never been surrounded by such madness in my life! At 10pm! It was crazy. The deli meat line was 8 people deep, there wasn't one pack of sandwich meat on the shelves and the potato chip ailse (sp?) was so cramped that I couldn't even get down it! Note to self - bring groceries next time.

I can't imagine a more perfect way to start a Sunday than with church on the beach. It was a wonderful way to worship and in one of my most favorite places on earth. Granted Kevin and I did not get to give our undivided attention to the minister today. Drew kept needing to go back to the coffee and donut table, Ellie chose to yell out during the "moment of silence for personal reflection" and then both decided that sitting on our towel wasn't really that fun anymore. We did, however, get the message and enjoyed the beautiful service.


The rest of the day was spent playing, eating, playing, napping, playing...and then playing!










We are still trying to get that good family picture! Emmy is going to have to shape up! This is the best we could get tonight. Will try again tomorrow!



Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment