Monday, July 20, 2009

Lakefest 2009

Between my 9-6 shift on Friday and my 9-6 shift on Sunday we enjoyed Lakefest 2009! Of course I raced home from work on Friday to make it downtown in time to hear the band and congregate in the Wachovia parking lot with people I had not seen in years! This is by far my favorite part of Lakefest and I really enjoy catching up with old friends. So I made it home, got the kids fed and dressed, packed the diaper bag, changed clothes and walked out the door just as the bottom fell out and drenched us all :( We ventured downtown in the rain, very confident that the storm would pass - an hour later and soaking wet, we end up at my Mom and Dad's house. Oh well, maybe Lakefest 2010 will be a little drier!

We did enjoy great company and good wine with friends and family - enjoyed ourselves so much that I forgot to take pictures on Friday night! Here are a few from Saturday night.



Saturday morning we went downtown and walked the streets to see the crafts. Drew got a "spitting lizard" and Ellie had ice cream (more ended up on her face and clothes than in her mouth)!

Drew jumped on the "jumpy thing"




And Ellie rode the slide with Mama!




They ended with a train ride!


Although the weather wasn't the greatest, a good time was had by all!
Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so exciting! Where was the slide? Too cool! :)

    ReplyDelete