Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's the Little Things

I was reminded this morning of how special the little things are in life and how it truly is the little things that make life so wonderful.

So in our continued attempts to get all three children sleeping through the night without we have finally put Emmy in her crib, which is in the same room with Ellie. So when Emmy cried out last night, Kevin brought Ellie in to the room with me and he got in the bed with Drew. It really is musical beds in our house just about every night. In fact most mornings, I have no clue which bed Kevin has ended up in...ours, Drew's, Ellie's or the couch. But anyway, back to my story. So Ellie slept with me last night and when I heard her stirring this morning, I opened one eye, in hopes that she wouldn't see me and would go back to sleep for just a few minutes. Well she didn't go back to sleep, but she didn't see my half opened eye either. What she did do was look around, see that she was in bed with me and without saying a work leaned over and gave me the sweetest little kiss. It melted my heart. It was kind of like a mother kissing her sleeping child, but rather a child kissing her sleeping mother! So, so sweet!

It's the small things!

Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. that is fantastic. So, so sweet. Good luck with the juggle of sleeping. It's never simple, that's for sure.
    kristen
    www.twitter.com/smartdreamzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo sweet!! Being a mommy is the best job ever!

    ReplyDelete