Monday, January 25, 2010

8 Months and Counting...

I really can NOT believe that my BABY is eight months old today!!! I know I say this every single time I post on a birthday/mile-marker for the kids, but time really is FLYING.

So Emmy must have know it was her 8-month birthday because she woke up at 5:50am ready to celebrate!!! And there was no putting this child back to bed this morning. Needless to say, she was fed, dressed and ready to go before 7am...oh how I love my baby, but oh how I miss my sleep :(

Here is what Emmy is up to these days:
-she is crawling backwards and trying so hard how to figure out how to go forward
-she goes from sitting to crawling position to laying and back to sitting and can move herself clear across the room with no help from others
-she is sitting up unassisted for extended periods of time (she does have occasional "throw myself backwards" moments, but for the most part she can sit on her blanket and play with her toys for hours...and she frequently does...such and easy baby)
-she still gobbles down all four 8oz bottles and screams when she figures out that they are all gone
-she is eating the little Gerber pickups that melt in your mouth. I noticed that she is starting to get better with her pincer grasp and can pick them up and feed herself, but she prefers me to feed them to her.
-she eats baby food about once, sometimes twice a day but is really not that interested. I think she is going to be one of those babies that practically goes from bottles to table food...Emmy loves to eat and that must feel that baby food mush if for the birds!
-Emmy is now sleeping in her crib! (HUGE accomplishment)
-Emmy is such an EASY baby and will often sit and plays with her toys or just watch her brother and sister.

When I tried to take her picture this morning, this was her response...


But this is what she usually looks like...


My little ham!!!! Oh how I love that little girl!

Love to all!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment