Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wish I was Posting from the Hospital....But No Luck!

So I am totally bummed out, yet not surprised that my third pregnancy has indeed been the longest. Not only has it seemed like an absolute ETERNITY since I got pregnant, but this little lady has decided to just take her time and come a little closer to her due date than her older brother and sister did! Mommy is NOT too happy about this! But I am coming to peace with the fact that I will probably be pregnant for a couple more weeks (my psycho pregnant, crying, pleading for induction attempt at my doctor's appointment today won't count! --Update - this didn't work!). I know what you all are thinking... "She will come when she is ready" ... blah, blah, blah! You try telling yourself that at 38 weeks pregnant! I guess since this will be the last time I am pregnant, God is wanting me to enjoy every last minute of it, right up until the VERY VERY end! So I am going to try very hard to do just that (but a baby would be nice any day now) :)

A few weeks ago, Drew and I went to a Mother's Day Tea at his school! It was so sweet! The kids had a program and then we ate finger foods (or as Drew called them "hand foods") and had juice and tea! Drew had made a flower pin, a placemat, and some homemade body scrub for me. He was SO proud of the body scrub and couldn't wait for me to try it out. It was a very special day for the two of us. Here we are all ready to go!




Yesterday Drew had his "End of the Year" program at his preschool! He was so excited to sing for everyone. Me, Kevin and Ellie were there (well, Ellie was in and out of the auditorium) and so were Nanny, Gama, Katie and Hunter! Drew had a pretty big audience for his program! The kids sang for us! Here is Drew after the program for a picture (note: the sucker in hand was used as bribery and we couldn't manage to get him to stick it in his pocket just for the picture).




Here he is performing for us...






Ellie and me in the back of the auditorium.




Drew and Ellie outside of the school (I decided to spare you all the 100 attempts at a good picture of the two - you know her getting down, him trying to unwrap his sucker, him grabbing her, her pointing at the bird etc. - it is nearly impossible to get them to both look at the camera at the same time, much less smile) So here is the best we got...


We bribed them with the playground, so here they are playing after the photography session.

Drew loved the swings.



And Ellie loved the slide.



So our most recent project has been to try and paint cabinets for the laundary room. My parents had some left over cabinets from their kitchen remodel and let us have them. Of course, since I want to paint everything that enters my house, I decided that black cabinets would look great in the laundary room (the cabinets were natural colored to begin). So last week I sanded them down one day while Ellie was napping, we went to Lowe's and got a gallon of the cheapest paint they had (it was going on cabinets in my laundary for crying out loud). Kevin and I put the first coat on them last week one night and it looked ok for a first coat and in the half dark garage. Well the next morning when I opened the garage door, I near about fell out! They looked awful and you could see straight through the cheap black paint! So yesterday, Kevin put another couple of coats on them and calls me at work to describe the project as "the biggest disater yet!" Will keep you posted on how they turn out :)


Just a side note: During this entire post Ellie has been on the floor playing with her baby dolls and Drew's army men. So she will turn to me, baby in one hand, pocket book on her arm, and a gun in the other hand and go "bam" like making a shooting noise at me. I have to laugh because she looks so funny!


Hope everyone is doing well!


Love to all!


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you left me a comment so now I know about your blog! I was just looking through your old posts and your decorating is just too cute. I am totally in love with the cute planter on your front door with the black and white ribbon. I'll have to copy that! I look forward to visiting you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, can I just say that you are absolutely adorable? You and you cute little family are precious! I feel ya on the pregnancy thing. That last few weeks is torture. Done it 5 times and it's still torture every.single.time. I've done the freak out thing in the doctor's office too...DOESN"T WORK! They really have no sympathy for us. And another thing...we're really preggers for more like 10 months, not 9. Do the math...40 weeks ...10 months! It's a conspiracy.

    Sorry for my extremely lengthy comment, obviously I'm chatty today and need some adult conversation! So, about the mod podge... I do have a technique that seems to eliminate most of the bubbles. SPRAY ADHESIVE. Through much trial and error, I've found this to be the best thing. Instead of using the mod podge to adhere the paper, use spray adhesive. And be sure to use it outside...it goes everywhere. Having a sticky table and kitchen floor is no fun. Not that I'd know or anything. I actually have a love/hate realtionship with it. It works beautifully to eliminate the bubbles, but it is VERY sticky and sometimes messy. Worth it though.

    I'm getting ready to paint my kitchen and laundry room cabinets black too. I have to admit...I'm a little scared now. Let me know how it all turns out. Maybe you'll stumble upon some wonderful wisdom and advice for me in painting cabs black! Have a great weekend. It was so nice to "meet" you!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete