Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy, Healthy and Home

We are all HOME!!! I am so happy to finally have my whole family under one roof! We are thankful that Emmy was released from the hospital with me on Wednesday and that our other two babies are home too (although they had a really good time with Nanny and Poppy and Gama, Jimbo, and Katie)!

Here is our sweet little angel, sleeping peacefully at home...


Here she is all ready to leave the hospital...


and in her car seat for the first time (you always forget how tiny they are in that huge seat! and how light it is with a 6lb baby instead of a 20lb toddler!)


And here is Emmy at home with her big brother and sister, and let me just say it was "ALL HANDS ON" (that is putting it nicely - there was actually kicking and screaming and fighting over who was going to hold Emmy! and Ellie truly does think she is a doll baby, as in, will try to pick her up by her arm, leg, neck etc.) Both of the older two really do love their baby sister though (even though right now they are a threat to her safety, I am sure that will get better)

So here is Daddy trying to referee...


Drew with his "other baby sister"...


and Ellie finally getting her turn to hold the baby...


So now that we are all home, we are trying to settle into somewhat of a routine (although we all know that I am not the best with routine and schedules!). My sister had called to offer and come down to help me out on Thursday. I of course said you are more that welcome to come, but I am sure I'll be fine! Then my mom called to find out when we needed her on Thursday since Kevin was working! I told her too that we should be fine! I am not the first to have ever had three children you know! I ate my own words!

Kevin left home around 9am so I was able to get Emmy fed and he fed Drew and Ellie. Emmy was sleeping and Drew and Ellie were playing when he left. I thought I should take the opportunity to pick up a bit. I got the upstairs clean, did the dishes, showered and got dressed! So I felt pretty accomplished until Emmy wakes up (to be fed) and Ellie has the sudden urge to be held all the time! Feeding time is very interesting since Ellie wants to hold a baby that is attached to my body! I guess she will get used to it! Anyway, I begin trying to get all three children dressed and have a four year old refusing to wear anything but pajama pants and no shirt, a 19 month old that throws a tantrum when you try to change her diaper and then you have to wrestle (i.e. sit on top of) to put clothes on, only to be tugged at and being told "off" once they are finally on! Emmy was a dream child to dress though! So I call my mom and say "What time are ya'll coming?" They got here around 1:30 and I had to take Emmy to the doctor for a weight check. I was very thankful that I didn't have to take all three of them. Although I am SURE that I could have done it alone with no problems ;) Right.....

All things considered though, it really is not that bad and I am sure that we will all adjust quickly to having another little one! I love life with three and the craziness fits my lifestyle just perfectly! I have not yet ventured out to Michael's with them all yet (although I have a coupon that I am DYING to use!)

I ordered the kids some clothes from Gymboree and they arrived yesterday. Ellie wanted to try on her new bathing suit (Emmy has one too, but I decided that Ellie could model for both of them!)



Then Drew wanted to put on his bathing suit too... (I got him church clothes but he wasn't so interested in modeling them)


So yesterday, with the help of my mom and sister keeping tabs on Ellie and Drew, I got dinner made including a vegetable AND dessert!

Can you guess what I made?

And I made until after 6pm before I had my first glass of wine for the day :)
So today, I am flying solo ALL DAY (wonder what time that first glass of wine will come today?)! And I have to take Emmy back to the doctor for a bilirubin check (and yes I will have to take all three of the kids...will keep you posted on that). So far, so good...I have showered, cleaned, called Canon because my pictures were taking forever to download, and blogged (of course with a few screaming children in the background...just kidding...they were actually playing with the camcorder and crayons. What can I say, it kept them occupied)!
Precious little Emmy sleeping...amidst all the rucus going on around her!


Will keep you posted on all of our daily adventures here! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers with our newest little one! She appears to be doing very well! Eating well, sleeping well, peeing and pooping well...and that is about all she does right now! We are so grateful that she is doing so well!
Hope all of you are doing well!
Love to all!

1 comment: