Sunday, May 31, 2009

Simple Sunday

Today turned out to be a simple, relaxing Sunday! I LOVE those :) Normally we would all start the day off with church, but since Emmy is so little, I thought it would be best for her not to be exposed to so many people. So Kevin took Drew and Ellie to church and I headed out to run a couple of errands with Emmy!
Here are Drew and Ellie all dressed up for church (I couldn't pry the army guy out of Drew's hand to take a picture, trust me, I tried)
And I dressed Emmy up to run a few errands (ok, so a few errands turned into one store...you guessed it, MICHAELS... and then we headed home to eat again).


PAUSE THE POST: I have to tell you all what Kevin just came in and told me. I am sitting here blogging and he was in our bedroom/bathroom going through mail, picking up, just piddling (just tried to google how to spell "piddle" and couldn't find it - ya'll know what I mean right?). He came out and said to me "You I have done some pretty stupid things in my life. Do you want to know what I just did?" he asks. I raise one eyebrow and look at him as if I am scared to hear what he is going to tell me, and quite frankly, I am. "Ok...tell me," I say cautiously. Kevin replies, "I just washed my mouth out with rubbing alcohol...I thought it was the hydrogen peroxide."
You see, the rubbing alcohol was out to clean Emmy's umbilical cord and the hydrogen peroxide was out for Kevin to gargle with because he has an ulcer. Nevermind that the bottles look NOTHING alike: the alcohol bottle is clear with clear liquid and the hydrogen peroxide is dark brown. My husband never ceases to amaze me and make me laugh and that is why I love him!

Drew went to the pool with some of his friends today and had a fabulous time. According to them, he started with a death grip, but by the end of the day he was doing great! We hope to get him into swimming lessons next month. Ellie and Emmy hung out with Kevin and me while we finished up some little projects around the house, my sister and her friend came by to see us, and we had dinner brought over from one of our neighbors...it was TERRIFIC!!!
I tried to get some good pictures of Emmy tonight. She has on no clothes because we have had to keep her undressed all weekend and in indirect sunlight to help with her jaundice. So we started on the sofa and this precious face...


quickly turned to this...

and then back to that of an angel when held tightly in Mama's arms, and that is perfectly fine with me:)


Today was our anniversary and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to spend it, at home with my family! I feel so blessed and could not ask for anything more in life! Kevin and I have been married six years today. A lot has been accomplished in six short years...two rental homes, two homes that we have owned, about 5 or 6 cars (not smart purchases :( oh well), grad school graduation, a dog that has come and gone (tear, tear), major career changes for both of us, many, many memorable moments spent with family and the best of friends, and three beautiful babies! My how life has been good to us...and after six wonderful years, I still feel like the luckiest girl alive! I love you Kevin!
Hope all is well!
Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Hey- I just remembered that I actually got the letters at Michaels! The apliques were from Jo Anns. The only letters I could find were white and unfortunately you have to buy the whole darn alphabet just for the few letters that you need but I don't think they were very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete