Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fabulous Family Fun!

Today Nanny, Poppy, Jeff, Katie and Sam came down to visit and see our newest addition! We had a great time and Drew and Ellie LOVED playing with their cousin! Jeff and Katie brought presents for everyone!!!


So the day started off with the boys trying to put together the lego contraption that Katie and Jeff had gotten Drew - the boys being Jeff and Kevin with Drew closely observing. Ok, well in this picture he is eyeing Sam's snacks, but he was very "into" what the big boys were doing for the majority of the project - although it did take the big boys quite some time to put together a toy for 6-8 year olds :)


Kevin just "fixing something" while Drew patiently waits...

Jeff and Drew showing off the finished product!

So Katie has recently started sewing and she is digustingly talented...she is REALLY GOOD! She made Ellie and Emmy the most adorable matching outfits that you have ever seen! Here is Ellie modeling hers and the picture just does not do this little outfit justice - it is simply precious! I can not wait dress up my girls in their matching outfits! Katie almost has me wanting to learn to sew! I am sure that I will have all kinds of time on my hands to do that, right? In the mean time, I'll have to bribe her to sew for me :)


Jeff with Ellie and Sam


Drew also got this huge sprinkler waterball thingy from Jeff and Katie! He LOVED it! His favorite thing to do was turn it off and say "Hey Mommy/Nanny/Daddy/Poppy (whoever was most gullible at that very moment) go stand beside the ball, I promise I won't turn it on...(BACKGROUND: devilish little laugh from Drew)"








So last night, Emmy decided to eat every 2 hours instead of her normal (if you can call anything "normal" for a 5 day old) 3 hours! And Miss Ellie decided to wake up at 6:00 AM which she NEVER does! So while the girls napped this afternoon...

the boys played in water on the front porch - it is amazing what entertainment a bucket of water and some cups will provide (guess it is the male gender - doesn't take much)!




Drew decides to hop in Nanny's lap, after he is soaking wet of course!

Drying off with Jeff


Here is Daddy and his girls after they decided that nap time was over (Emmy was not too happy - I think we had decided that naptime was over!)
So, we had a great time visiting with our family! The next time we all get together, Jeff and Katie will have their new little girl (expected to arrive on or before July 17th)! We are still trying to figure out how the family, where there were NO GIRLS for generations on end, has now become full of little girls! Right now, we are all tied up 2 boys, 2 girls. In July the girls will take over. It will be up to Jeff and Katie to tie the score - no more babies on this side of the family...Kevin has informed me that we are FINISHED, and quite frankly after Emmy's dramatically fast entry to the world, I am finally agreeing with him...Three's a plenty!
Here are my favorite pictures from the day (one of each baby).
Drew - I love his curls in this picture:)

Ellie - look at that little grin :)

Sam - couldn't you just eat him up :)

Emmy -life is so good when you get to sleep 22 hours a day :)

Hope all is well!
Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. So cute Liz! I'm liking the green walls from what I can see in the background!! I'll try to call you this week sometime.

    ReplyDelete