Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Great Gift, Fido Fun and Finally FINISHED!

So things around here have been pretty calm with the exception of trying to tie up all of the loose ends before our little one arrives! I have finished picking up extra shifts and am back to working just 2 days a week until the baby is born. I was questioning this decision as I left the gym today and Drew darted out of the door (he is very proud that he is now a four years old and has a new found sense of independence) and Ellie is determined to walk by herself in the parking lot! I explain to her that she has to hold Mommy's hand, to which she will have nothing to do with! So I tell her, "You hold Mommy's hand, or I am going to carry you!" Her response is to drop to the ground to throw one of her 10 minute temper tantrums - all in front of the door to the YMCA! Picture me, nearly 36 weeks pregnant loudly reminding Drew not to go in the parking lot, bending over to pick up my 21 lb toddler who's newest trick is to go completely LIMP when I try to pick her up and she would rather be throwing a temper tantrum! It was a sight for sore eyes - and those trying to leave the Y during this time certainly saw it all as I stood there, bent over and completely blocking the exit trying to contain Miss Ellie --baby belly and all! I look up to see Drew just staring at me, like "Mom, what ARE you doing?" Other than Ellie's new tantrums and her ability to go completely limp when you try to pick her up, things are pretty much the same around here!

My friend Robin gave me an awesome baby gift the other day - so much that I think I may steal it and make it my staple gift. Personalized family stationary - I LOVE IT! It is such a good gift because it is something that we all want, but never will justify buying it for ourself! Thanks Robin!!!


Sunday we went to church and I was determined to get a good picutre of the kids dressed up... we all know how that goes. Ellie did sit still for a minute, but refused to look at the camera...



And Drew did decide to get within 5 feet of Ellie for me to snap one shot...





Our neighbor Shawn had a doggy birthday party on Sunday and the kids all had a blast! There was a bouncy, pool fun, slip-n-slide, dog bone hunt, face painting and all kinds of stuff for the kids! Here are a few pictures!






So since we painted the kids bathroom, I have been in search of a way to redecorate it for them. I want something gender neutral and not to "kiddy" but still kind of fun. I haven't finished decorating (in fact, I have only just begun - but it is a bathroom, how long could it take?) but I did make a cute towel rack for them today. I had been searching for cute hooks and could not find any that I loved, so I just made my own! Hopefully it won't be pulled down off of the wall by two little rascals any time soon!


It was so easy to make too! Got a piece wood from Lowe's, painted it white, sponged some polka dots with the leftover bathroom paint, spray painted wooden letters from Michael's, added some hooks...and VIOLA! A custom built/made towel rack (which I might add is much prettier withOUT towels hanging from it)!

And we are FINALLY finished with the girls room! I feel like we have been working on it FOREVER! And I know that Kevin does too! So tonight, we hung the valence and are calling it quits! I must say, I have really had a lot of fun decorating it and can't believe how much pink and green I have crammed into one little room! So here goes the tour...

This is a shot from the door way. Ellie will be sleeping in the baby crib for a few more months and the baby will sleep in our room. Hopefully, by the time the baby is ready to go into the crib, Ellie will be ready for her big girl bed (and we will be able to keep her IN it long enough to fall asleep)!




I found these little birds on http://www.scribbleitonline.com/ and fell in love with them! They say "Sweet Dreams Ellie"...
And here is her side of the room! The picture frames I made are in an earlier post and the large monogram came from http://www.etsy.com/ - I just love anything with a monogram on it!

And for Miss Emmy's side of the room - she too has a little birdie wishing her sweet dreams...



Here is her little crib (slightly broken in by her older sister)...


and since I though two large monogram decals may be too much, I just put Sweet Baby over her crib! Got the letters from Michael's and used Modge Podge and scrapbook paper to cover them!


And don't forget the birdie mobile hanging at the foot of the crib (still to this day, the most crafty thing I have ever done).
This is the chest in between the girls beds... we painted it white and got polka dot decals from the dollar store to decorate it (I know, I am REALLY cheap - but I love a great buy!)


Here is the one and only dresser in the girl's room (now you tell me how in the world I am going to fit all of their clothes in this tiny dresser and in the tiny closet??? we may have to resort to an additional closet in the attic for them!) The dresser was dark brown and we painted it white and added new knobs...


Here are what the knobs look like up close, another etsy purchase (Yes, I am addicted!)

So we are VERY glad that the room is all ready for baby! However, all of this work and Drew would rather have Ellie right beside him! and I think she wouldn't mind either! This is where she slept tonight as we finished our final tasks in her room!



Now we are just impatiently WAITING (or at least one of us is)! Kevin has been busy taking classes for work, so he is back and forth from Richmond! We just hope that he will be around when the baby is born! Will keep everyone posted!
Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great!! Love the girl's room and towel rack! Not much longer to go and then the real fun begins:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mobile is PRECIOUS!!! I love how you hung them from a bircage...genius! Every single thing in the girl's room is so cute. I'm gonna go check our dollar store for those polka dot decals. The toy box turned out great. I, too am a sucker for anything with a monogram...LOVE monograms! Are you from the south? Because I've been told that is definitely a southern thing. Some people just don't "get" it.

    ReplyDelete