Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We're feeling HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

Summer is quickly approaching (officially will be here June 21, 2009), but it feels like it is here already!!! It has been 90 degrees here over the past few days. This weekend, Drew was away visiting his Nanny and Poppy! He had so much fun and could not stop talking about the forts they built. He also went to church with Gama and Jimbo on Sunday before coming home and he got to take communion for the first time. He explained to me how "you can't take a big piece of bread, just a tiny piece" and if you all remember this was the child that LIVED off of bread for the first 2 years of his life. He would walk around the house with a piece of bread as a snack, he would pull the lunch meat off of the bread at lunch only to eat the bread, he LOVED bread. So I am curious as to how "tiny" his piece of communion bread was.

Kevin had class on Saturday and then had to work a little - so it was just me and the girls at home. Ann and Amy came by to visit and so they can attest to Ellie's craziness. I must say, she makes me laugh out loud on a daily basis.


Just look at this face: How could you not laugh at her? She is such a comedian and even humors herself! Here she is again - eating, of course, chocolate (she may look like her Daddy - but she is a Mama's girl - in fact, she has chocolate on her face RIGHT NOW at 10am from a brownie plate she found in the bonus room from last night :)


So yesterday, I took Emmy to the doctor for her 2 week check up. Everything looks great. Her jaundice is gone and she weighed 6lbs 9oz! So she is back up above her birth weight! The doctor was very pleased. Maybe she will be my "big" baby - the others were smaller when they were born and gained slower! She likes to eat - like her Mama. During the day she eats every 3 and sometimes every 2 hours! Thankfully, at night she will go for about 4 or 5 hours! Hopefully, this pattern will continue and improve quickly - Mama likes her sleep :)

So here is my "big"girl, resting up after her MD appointment!


We played outside in the pool yesterday afternoon and Drew and Ellie had a blast. They love their little pool...


...especially when you put the slide IN the pool! Ellie prefers going down on her belly!


Then we walked over to our neighbors to visit at their "BIG POOL" and they had so much fun playing with their friends! Drew likes to "observe" from outside the pool. He is very afraid of "sinking to the bottom of that deep part" and will not get in the water without a screaming crying FIT! So this is a catch 22 - I am glad he won't go near it because he can't swim and his lack of interest in the water makes me worry a little less, but how is he ever going to learn to swim if he is scared. Hopefully, we can get him in swimming lessons and he will be in the pool with the rest of the kids by the end of summer (wishful thinking I am sure - but we can all dream).
But for now, he would rather drive his friends remote control boat (very cool toy, I might add).

Now Ellie, on the other hand, would not surprise me if she just jumped right into the pool - or diving in would be more up her ally. She has NO FEAR! We have to watch her every last second that we are around the water. She also likes to walk backwards and not watch where she is going - not a good idea around water! Don't let her innocent face in this picture fool you ... she is TROUBLE!

We ventured back into our yard to the "little" pool for a little longer before meltdowns began. My two had total meltdowns and I had to drag them inside - I am sure that it was the heat, afterall, my kids don't "meltdown" (my how we eat our own words)!


Katie and I walked last night for about 40 minutes - I am just about to DIE to go running. I have tried very hard to find some reference, somewhere that will endorse running before 6 weeks postpartum - no luck yet! So I figured I will walk for a week or two and then try out the running. In the meantime, hopefully this crazy (but wonderful!) life with three will keep me busy enough to call chasing them my exercise!
Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Ellie looks JUST like Kevin! I know everyone says that the girls are "Daddy's girls"...but mine is SO attached to me!

    Lily is like Ellie in the water - she has no fear! It pretty much scares me to death...and my blood pressure is constantly high when we are on/in/around a pool! Haha...

    The kids look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been hot here in AZ too! We have already had a few 100+ days. Hope you find lots of fun ways to stay cool.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the geat comment! Good luck with your future makeover!

    ReplyDelete