Sunday, June 14, 2009

26 pavers, 6 yards of mulch and lots of ibuprofen

The title says it all! The older two kids were with their grandparents this weekend, so Kevin and I tackled a little weekend project. I, like most women, think that all home improvement projects are simple. I think that Kevin and I can do just about anything that a general contractor can do. I mean, how hard could it be to lay a few pavers to make a walkway. Dig it out, level it, throw down some sand, place the pavers, fill it in with sand, and be done before lunch right? Not quite. It wasn't too bad, and yes I was out there with Kevin on my hands and knees laying pavers, spreading sand, leveling sand, digging dirt, leveling sand AGAIN, and leveling sand AGAIN until I wanted to BREAK that stupid level and all that fun stuff. All things considered though, it wasn't that bad and the walkway turned out looking pretty good... just don't walk on it ;) Mark my words though: We will NOT be laying our own patio (unless we decide to make it 2 x 20 ... a width of 2 pavers is our MAX).

It is still a work in progress, but we did get a lot accomplished this weekend. I say we, but Kevin did do most of the work... I was obligated to feed a baby every 3 or so hours. And that was just fine with me...it was 72 degrees in our house and 92 degrees outside. However, I did try my hand at a pickax (sp???), a rake, a shovel, a wheelbarrow and a hoe. Lets just say that I much prefer "directing" than actually working.

BEFORE:


AFTER:











Hope that everyone had a great weekend!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment