Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just Another Day...but with Mommy AND Daddy!

So I am getting the hang of this "three against me" life and I have to say...I kind of like it (or love it)! We are trying to get into somewhat of a "routine" around here (and you all know how I feel about these) and things are going really well. Of course, some days are better than others (i.e. a one glass of wine day vs. two glass of wine day) but all in all we are doing ok :)



But today we had the BEST surprise in the world -- Daddy stayed home!!! It was SOOOOOO nice to have him here. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with the kids, but it is also very nice to have Daddy here to entertain Drew and Ellie while I am feeding/changing/rocking/holding Emmy.

So we started the day of outside to get some things done. We are doing more yard work this weekend to avoid being talked about in the neighborhood as being "those neighbors" with "that yard." Kevin is very about keeping the yard and doing the landscaping/planting/mowing etc., but quite frankly, this year we just have not gotten around to it yet. So we are mulching and planting this weekend, but Kevin wanted to get a headstart today and Drew and Ellie were more than happy to help him out a bit!




Hopefully I will have some good before and after pictures to post next week of our weekend work.
We went on our first walk as a family of 5 tonight! So here is how it started out.
Drew on his bike (this lasted just past Shawn and Cathy's house - yes, that is literally right next door - then he resorted to walking for a few minutes, then made Kevin get the double stroller out so that he could ride for a bit!)

Ellie started in the single stroller, was switched to the double stroller (after Drew's pleading to ride) and actually stayed in the entire time, a HUGE accomplishment for Ellie, as we usually end up carrying her and pushing an empty stroller.


And Emmy was right where she likes to be, cuddled up next to Mama (again, perfectly fine with me).


Last night some friends came over and brought pizza (I must say, I officially LOVE Mellow Mushroom). So I made a salad (or actually I kind of copied it from my neighbor Michelle, who brought it to us last week) to have with our pizza. It was so pretty I just had to take a few pictures to share.
Isn't it pretty?




So here are the ingredients I used (you can use just about anything), layered in any order you want: spinach, grean peas, red onion, tortellini, tomato, bacon, feta, crutons. We ate it last night and for both lunch and dinner today - it was really good with Balsamic Vinegar dressing! A perfect summer recipe - Thanks Michelle!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. This salad does look good! I love the picture of Ellie trying to push the wheel barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I got to "experience" the walk last night. You are making it look so easy! :) And the salad you made looks like it should be a photo in a cookbook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. noprob, sometimes proper presentation makes it taste better! btw, we went to mellow in durham tues nite==the best crust ever! love it!!! love the pics!

    ReplyDelete