Monday, August 10, 2009

Wine a little (or a lot!)...You'll Feel Better

Until the next morning! This weekend we had a bachelorette party for Amy and visited three of Virginia's finest wineries. Had some good food, great wine, and an awesome time with lots of fun girls :) We started at Keswick vineyards. This was may favorite vineyard and Keswick had, in my opinion, the best wines. The vineyard had 6 wines that we tasted, all of which were very good. My favorite two were their 2007 Concensus and the Viogneir (a very nice white wine). We then ventured to Barboursville. Again, very good wine and A LOT of people tasting at this vineyard. I think there were about 16 or 18 wines we tasted here. Thankfully the size of a tasting was only a sip or two (unlike Keswick, where we were given a little more to taste). Had they given us much more, I am not sure we would have made it to our final vineyard. Our last stop was Burnley. They two had quite a few wines to taste. Burnley had numerous dessert wines. I typically do not prefer a "sweet" wine, but there were a couple that I liked here.


So here is the bachelorette all ready to go! (I will leave out any pictures that tell what she REALLY did this weekend ;)



We started off the weekend on Friday night and had dinner/drinks at Bar Louies. I have finally found a place that has zucchini sticks comparable to those at Maggiano's! They were awesome. We hung out there Friday night but headed in early to get some rest for the next day. Our fabulous party planner (Ann did a fabulous job, I might add) had arranged for a limobus to pick us up at the hotel, drive us to three different wineries, and have us back at the hotel in time for dinner. So here is the party planner herself on the red carpet consulting with Guilly (our driver).


Ann, Amy, Liz and Brook ready for some wine


Self portrait on the limobus


Doing a little tasting


After our wine tastings, we headed out to a piano bar. I must say that I am a HUGE fan of piano bars and think that they are so much fun. I love good music and the pianists are usually really funny. We had a good time listening to the music,
Watching the bachelorette dance,

And dancing a little.
Hope everyone had a great day!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment