Sunday, August 16, 2009

Complete Randomness

We had a great weekend of doing lots of nothing! Since we had been out of town for a while, our yard needed a little TLC. I am beginning to think that the potato vine is trying to take over. Remember this:

We planted this in June and have done nothing to it since. When we got home from the beach last week it looked like this:




Can you BELIEVE that? I was shocked by how fast it grew. I must say that I do love the bright green color of the vine, but I think it is a little much for the size of the other plants in that bed.
Katie and I also started my "closet project" which will take much longer than one weekend to complete - will post pictures when it is done (probably sometime in 2020!). We did start by cleaning out the shoes so that it is possible to actually WALK in the closet. Is this not ridiculous? We reduced my shoe collection to 46 pairs - this is progress, I am not even sure of how many I got rid of. No wonder Ellie has a slight shoe fetish!

We had dinner with friends in the neighborhood last night and I will refrain from posting those incriminating picutres ;) But I will share an AWESOME recipe from the night. This is a modified version of a dip Ann cooked at the beach and I think she said that she got it from our friend Lori and her mom Susan. No picutures to share - it was gobbled up so fast I didn't have a chance to pull out my camera! It is TO DIE FOR!!!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 blocks cream cheese
2 (10oz) cans of chicken
Bar-B-Q sauce
ranch dressing
Frank's Red Hot sauce ("I put that sh** on everything" - you know that commercial?)
1 and 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
Spread the cream cheese on the bottom layer of a 9x13 or a round baking dish (I used a round pie plate). Drain and rinse the chicken and mix in bar-b-q sauce, ranch dressing and hot sauce. I just made it to taste like I wanted it to - so you can use as much or as little as you want of these three ingredients. Most of the online recipes that I looked at called for about 3/4 cup of hot sauce and ranch, but since I added the bar-b-q sauce, I used a little less -- anyway, just make it to suit your taste! Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Serve with Fritos scoops! SOOOOOO good :) Thanks Ann, Lori and Susan!

And we have finally decided that Miss Ellie Bell has GOT to get a haircut! What do you think?
WILD HAIR!!!









Yes she was in the chocolate...AGAIN! We will post pictures of her new haircut soon!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment