Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ducks, Daddy, and Days of Nothing

Worked all weekend. Brain is mush. So here is the quick, terribly written version of what has been going on over the last few days.

On Friday we took a trip to the duck pond and play ground. We played on the playground for a little while until Drew decided that the ducks were a little bit hungry. So we then headed from the playground over towards the "BIG" dock. All of the geese (or ducks, not sure what they were - yes, I don't know the difference) were on one side of the pond and as we started walking they all started swimming across the pond towards us. They totally knew that we had food and were coming to feed them. So they swam across the pond...

and Drew and Ellie waited.

Then the ducks got over to our side of the pond and were not at all shy and would come up to us and practically get the bread out of our hand. Then all of a sudden, one goose started hissing at us. Katie and I glanced at each other with that "not so sure about this anymore" look and decided that we should proceed to the dock quickly. At the same time, Drew and Ellie decided that they weren't so sure about these little animals either and both decided to jump in our arms. So we quickly walked back toward the car instead of the dock (really, because Katie and I were scared of the geese - no, I am not kidding - they were very territorial). We got back near the car, the geese got in the water, and we decided to take a break and feed them from the smaller dock that was right beside our car. Did this for a few minutes and decided to take another shot at going to the "BIG" dock. We knew that we could get to the "BIG" dock faster than the geese could swim to the side, get out of the water, and get near us. So we gather up the kids (Katie carrying Ellie, me pushing the stroller, and Drew walking closely by my side), put the bread in the stroller, and quickly walked (all but ran) to the dock. Yes, absolultely ridiculous! All because we, the adults, were scared of the geese! It was quite comical that Drew and Ellie were looking toward us for security and we were just as scared of these geese as they were, if not more! Once we made it to the dock, everyone had a great time feeding the fish, turtles and geese!






While I worked this weekend, Kevin was home with the babies. We had a party at our neighbors last night and of course I forgot my camera. But it was really fun, I just don't have the pictures to prove it. I got home tonight and Drew did a "Fashion Show" for me and I got to see all of the school clothes that he had gotten with Daddy today. It was bitter sweet - I was sad that I wasn't the one to take him shopping to get his school clothes, but I also love the fact that he got to go shopping with Daddy. And yes, I know that I am incredibly lucky to have a husband that will take the kids shopping for school clothes (but he didn't get the "true experience" since Ellie was with Nanny and Poppy). Drew was so excited over his new clothes, he would come out and tell me what this outfit was for (cold weather, hot weather, church etc.) and say "Fashion" with his arms spread out as he soared across the room. It was so cute!
Tonight the kids had dinner and a movie in the bonus room while Kevin and I fixed dinner downstairs. Well, Kevin fixed dinner - I filled the wine glasses :). So this is how we started. Kids confined to they seats so that Emmy would still be in one piece when we got back upstairs. Food and drink for everyone, Emmy with a full belly.

Note: Ellie's hands in the applesauce (all over the tray, by the way)
So I am sitting on the sofa, reviewing my pictures for my blog post, literally inches away from Ellie and I look down to see this:
Why eat applesauce when you can play in it?
Or shampoo with it?
Why use your hands when you can just dump the whole bowl?
I knew that she was playing with her food, but she took it to an entirely new level!
A little more "Monkey see, monkey do!".... Gotta love the old Duck Hunt game ;)
Hope that everyone had a great weekend!
Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Those geese scare me too-they can be down right mean! Ellie with the applesauce is too funny!

    ReplyDelete