Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is it October Yet?

We are so ready for Halloween in this house and the retail industry is certainly ready! I went shopping with Ellie and Emmy today while Drew was at school and there were pumpkins, witches, and spider webs EVERYWHERE! So my favorite find today were these adorable paper lanterns! They had them in orange, purple, black and white! And I got them at THE DOLLAR STORE! So cute and cheap - I love it! The dollar store even had the batteries to go with it! Drew and Ellie liked the pumpkins.


I hung a few on the chandelier in the dining room to keep them away from little hands, but I am not sure where I will put them when I decorate for Halloween (October 1st can't come soon enough!).


Ellie got some new Halloween pajamas and hairbows (though I am sure these will not even make it out the front door - she HATES a bow!)



So while we are all ready to decorate for Halloween, we have no clue what we want to "be" for Halloween. Kevin shot down my idea of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell for Drew and Ellie and I was quickly informed that they were NOT going to have coordinating costumes. OOOOkkkaaayyy! So I'll pick out the girls costumes and Kevin will pick out Drews. So far Drew has wanted to be a Transformer, Spiderman, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and an army guy and back to square one..."I don't know what I want to be." Should be interesting to see what he ends up as. Since Ellie will have nothing to do with anything on her head, my options are limited with her. All of the adorable princess costumes just don't have the same effect without the tiara. Should be interesting too!

Love to all!



2 comments:

  1. So cute! I will have to go to the Dollar Tree! :) I got Lily and Landon's costumes a while back (Dorothy and the Lion from The Wizard of Oz). I figured this was the one and only year I'd ever be able to coordinate their costumes...so I'm taking full advantage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumkins are so cute! I love them hanging in the dinning room! Love Ellie's bows!

    ReplyDelete