Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Picture Day, Blue M&M's and a little Spring Decorating

Yesterday Drew had pictures at his preschool...and boy was it an interesting morning (the children just decided to be a little difficult)! The challenge of getting both children dressed, fed, and out the door by 8:30 never ceases to amaze me. Seems simple right? That's what I think, when I am relaxing with my coffee at 7:45 and thinking to myself "Oh, I have plenty of time this morning." But no matter how early I get started or how much help Kevin gives me, we are ALWAYS late!!! In fact, I questioned why in the world I decided to put Drew in preschool four days a week next year! Have I lost my mind? How in the world will I get THREE children dressed, fed and out the door? I guess I will figure it out!

This is how Drew said he was going to smile...













But we hope he chose this smile instead!















Ellie had a smile on for her picture too!


















So we will post pictures from school and see how he did as soon as we get them!

On to another topic - why I choose to try and shop with an almost four year old and a 17 month old is beyond me! So the quest today was for a mattress. We need a bed for Ellie since the girls will be sharing a room when the baby is born. The baby will get the crib and Ellie will move up to a big girls bed! Since the room is so small we are searching for a twin mattress for her. So I think to myself, "The kids will love a matress store, right?" Well, boy was I right. It was like a playground running up and down the little "tunnels" created by the mattresses! I must say they did very good and I took them around to three different mattress stores (still no mattress though)! The only eventful happenings were having to stop to use the bathroom in the woods (Drew) and having to stop back by the house for a diaper (Ellie) because I forgot one :( Not too bad though! I did have to stop by the mall to pick up some bags that I had ordered and by that point had to resort to bribery to keep the kids under control - so what does Drew choose - blue M&M's!
Ellie liked them...















Drew did too!


Finally, I wanted to share a few of my "nesting" projects with you! Yes, I am "nesting!" I don't feel like I really experienced this with either of my first two pregnancies, but I guess third time is a charm. My house looks like Michael's, TJ Maxx and Home Goods have exploded!!! And I am obsessed with decorating blogs! So here are a few things I have done!

Decorate the mantle



So another project I took on was making a floral arrangement! I know, right! I am no florist and have never really been very good with arranging flowers, but I thought I would give it a shot in my "nesting" phase. So here is the arrangement I made for my front door. I got the planter at Home Goods on clearence for $10 and the ribbon and flowers at Michaels. I got the Welcome sign from http://www.scribbleit.com/ which has adorable stuff for the walls.








My third and final project was for the bathroom windows. I had searched high and low for curtains and could not find ANY that I liked. So I figured I would try and make them. I found fabric that I liked at the $7.99 per yard outlet and got some Heat N Bond from Walmart and started my project. They didn't turn out too bad - and there is not 1 stitch in them!







This past weekend Kevin and I painted the girls' room and Drew's room. Two rooms in 1 day was a major accomplishment for us! So we are in the process of decorating, painting furniture, cleaning closets, and all that fun stuff! I will post pictures as soon as they are done!

My belly is certainly growing and I will be 30 weeks on Friday! Can NOT say it has "flown" by but I can't believe that I am almost at the end! I have a doctors appointment on Friday and will keep everyone posted!
Hope all is well!















1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great Liz! I love the flower arrangement and Welcome on the door- have you done the one in the girl's room? Did you find it to be difficult?

    ReplyDelete