Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bedrooms, Bathroom and Belly Pics

Our family has had a VERY busy Saturday! There are just not enough hours in the day to get it all done! Today started off VERY interesting. I should start by telling everyone that we have a new pet in our house!!! Drew and Kevin were so excited to introduce me to our new family member when I got home from work last weekend.


Meet Cooper!



Cooper has been a very good fish and Drew LOVES feeding him and making sure that he is ok each morning. Ellie enjoys watching him swim around while she is eating too! And you will never guess what she calls him.... DaDa! Like everything else. Kevin is literally EVERYTHING to the child right now. But anyway, Cooper is a good house pet for our family now because he is pretty low maintenance! He does however, get very dirty water, very quickly. So this morning Kevin decided to change the water. We were all in the kitchen and Kevin goes to move Cooper from the colander (which he used to catch him with because we don't have a fish net) to the water and Cooper jumped right out of the colander into the sink and straight down the garbage disposal!!! I just about died! And the look on Kevin's face was that of complete and total panic as Drew stands there asking, "What happened?" I could hardly contain my laughter and Drew just knew something was up. Kevin had his hand stuck down the garbage disposal before I could even get up to examine the situation and he was frantically trying to retrieve Cooper. All the while, all I could think is we really do have to get this fish out because the house will smell HORRIBLE if we can't get him out and he gets ground up. So Kevin dug around for a few minutes while I explained what had happened to Drew. After about 2 minutes, I decided that it may be a good idea to prepare Drew for the fact that Cooper was probably not going to be alive when Daddy got him out, but Kevin continued to dig around for him. Drew was very sad and asked several questions (which of course I had NO CLUE how to answer) and was finally beginning to understand, when FINALLY out came Cooper! I KNOW, without a doubt, that he had been out of the water and in the drain for 5 minutes -SERIOUSLY! But when Kevin put him in the water, he started swimming around! We both could NOT believe it!

Drew was very happy that Cooper did not have to go to "Animal Heaven" (which we had already started talking with him about - that's how long it was!!!).



Ellie was happy too!



We are trying VERY hard to have the kids rooms completed BEFORE the baby arrives, but it has been a daunting task. We did tackle the painting last weekend, but that was the easy part. The decorating has proven a more difficult to agree upon project. I was so excited to have Drew in a nautical room accented in reds and navy and decorated with ropes, anchors, and boats! I thought it would be so cute!!! Well, I was quickly put in my place... outvoted by the boys who thought a SPORTS room was the only way to go! Ugggghhh! I am just not too much on all kinds of balls and posters and tons of colors with no real "theme." So after much negotiating, we have decided on a "Vintage Baseball" theme room. I finally had to give in and figured if it had to be a sports room and it had to have balls in it, then we could at least pick one and go with a theme. So we went to the craft store and got a few fabrics to start working with. I am working on the window treatments and we will begin to work on the decor very soon! I will post pictures as soon as it is done.



Now the girls room, on the other hand, has been all me! Since Ellie can't talk yet, and Kevin and Drew could care less if the room is painted Lime Granita or Cucumber, I have gotten to make all of the decisions on the girls room. And it has been so much FUN!!! I am having the crib bedding made and hope to have it by the end of the week. But for now, here is a picture of the pillow sham for Ellie's twin bed. So this is kind of what we are basing the room off of. Kevin has been diligently sanding and painting furniture to try and get everything ready! Can't wait to post pictures of a finished room!



So my bathroom is FINALLY complete! Kevin and I painted it about a month ago and it has been upside down since then! First, I couldn't find window treatments. Then I didn't know what kind of mirror to get. Next was finding a rug. And the project just drug on and on and on.... So with the window treatments complete (thanks to Heat-N-Bond) the mirrors finally hung (we only had to drill 6 holes in the wall for 1 of the mirrors to get them even), and a few nick nacks in place, we now have our bathroom back!!! One final touch I made was this picture below! I got the idea from http://thehappyhomebody.blogspot.com/ and thought I would give it a shot! So I took an old frame, spray painted it brown, wrapped some left over curtain fabric around cardboard with good old duck tape, and put and H on it (spray painted in the same brown)! What do you think?



And here are my most recent "Belly Pics" and as you can see this baby is growing! According to the doctor, she is measuring right on target. So I tried to get the doctor to promise me that women who have their first two babies 3 weeks early would have their 3rd three weeks early for SURE; her only response was that "Those 3rd babies like to do their own thing!" So no luck in guaranteeing a May baby! Oh well, can't blame a girl for trying. I am down to the every two week check-ups with the doctor, so we are getting closer and closer to meeting baby Herman #3! Will keep you posted!

Hope all is well with everyone! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment